BitBox is a currency exchange for trading between USD and BTC. It is headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI. It was founded in 2012.
BitBox has suspended trading for a multi-month pause to allow development to be the organization's focus.
- Service launch: July 2018 (Tentative)
- Available countries: Countries except Japan and the U.S.
- Intended users: The service is not intended for residents of Japan, Japanese nationals residing outside Japan and residents of the U.S. IP addresses, telephone numbers and KYC (*2) will be used to preclude unintended users.
- Supported languages: Fifteen languages including English and Korean (note: Japanese and Thai are not supported).
- Exchangeable cryptocurrencies: 30 or more currencies, including: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Litecoin (LTC).
- The above-mentioned cryptocurrencies were selected through a rigorous review by a listing committee composed of experts.
- Trading spread: 0.1%
BitBox and LINE
Japanese social messaging app LINE with BITBOX will launch a cryptocurrency exchange for 30 coins and 15 languages.
LINE will continue to transform all users’ financial experience by providing friendly and innovative financial services to close the distance between people and money. As the society heads toward cashless and wallet-less future, LINE will be actively involved in undertaking initiatives and creating systems to accelerate the development of its businesses and reinforce its services as it strives to become a leader in the FinTech business.
- Name: LVC Corporation
- Location: 4-1-6 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- Representative: Youngsu Ko
- Business: Holding company of cryptocurrency exchange and blockchain businesses
- Capital: JPY 1,210 million
- Date of establishment: January 31, 2018
Line Launching Exchange
Japan's Line Launching Exchange With 30+ Cryptocurrencies in All but Two CountriesThe CEO of Line Corp, Idezawa Takeshi, commented that “with Bitbox, Line users will be able to access cryptocurrencies more easily, while also being assured of state-of-art security measures to protect their assets.”
Line Corp explained that the cryptocurrencies to be listed on Bitbox “have gone through an extensive screening process.” They were “selected by an internal committee to offer the most reliable and safest trading for users,” the company noted, adding: