BlockTrail provides a mobile wallet Android Wallet iOS Wallet, Bitcoin API, developers platform, and a popular block explorer for Bitcoin. Unlike their predecessors, the Blacktrail has a more effective protection against burglary. As a result, it plans to acquire 100,000 subscribers by the end of the year. At the moment, the wallet is free to download. The aim of the project is, according to the authors, to facilitate the use for beginners in the purchase and sale of Bitcoin for a small fee for the transaction BlockTrail.
Now Blacktrail has several communities in Europe and none in the United States, but in the future the service plans to build a solid user base for the development of Bitcoins.
- Country: The Netherlands
- Headquarter: Amsterdam
- Type: Infrastructure
- Round: Seed
- Cost: $0.65 million
- Date: 18-Aug-2014
- Investors: Lev Leviev
Blocktrail's Bitcoin wallet features unparalleled security through Multi-Signature technology, keeping you in full control of your coins at all time. Transactions are signed on your device so we never see your private keys. With our HD wallets you can create an unlimited number of addresses to help protect your privacy without the need for multiple private key backups. Our system will also generate new addresses for change and fund requests automatically.
Access your wallet anywhere, anytime; use the mobile app when you're on the go, or log in to the web-interface when at home or in the office.
Interview with CEO
In an interview with TechCrunch, Leviev stated that, in his deep conviction, the electronic currency bitcoin should be technically available to as many people as possible. In this regard, Leviev said, it is necessary to develop a technology that allows for the transfer of bitcoins regardless of whether the addressee has installed a special mobile application. In BlockTrail promise to work in this direction.
According to the developers, today the main distinguishing feature of the bitcoin wallet BlockTrail is the built-in system to prevent unauthorized access to bitcoins. Users of the platform BlockTrail can create and store their private keys on their own, while similar to the bitcoin wallets used for storage of keys centralized data warehouse. Thus, BlockTrail minimizes the possibility of outside interference and the possibility of blocking the account by the provider (at its own discretion, at the request of government agencies or as a result of a hacker attack). In addition, the latest technology of creating additional keys on a hierarchical basis using the Protocol BIP32 allows you to create "child" keys of different levels, ensuring the safety and anonymity of the transaction.
In the past, BlockTrail was primarily engaged in the development of financial analysis tools for the bitcoin e-currency market. Now, having created their own bitcoin wallet with multi-signature and additional protection mechanisms, BlockTrail specialists hope to attract up to 100,000 users to their product.
- 2-of-3 Multisig technology so you always remain in control of your coins
- HD wallet technology allowing you to create an unlimited number of addresses
- Send and Receive bitcoin easily with contacts on your phone
- Live update for new transactions and your balance
- View your full transaction history with the price at the time of the transaction
- Personalise your account so your friends can quickly identify you
- QR code scanning with bitcoin URI support
- Send requests via email and SMS
- PIN protection
- Anonymous accounts, for your privacy
- Transactions signed locally on your device
- Backup document incase the worst happens
- Local currency display using live price updates
Open Source and available for review on Github: http://github.com/blocktrail/blocktrail-wallet
View realtime & historical data on bitcoin addresses, transactions and economy.
- Block Size Vote - Stay up to date with current block size votes.
- Time-based balance analysis - Get usage information based on selectable time periods
- Mentions - Easily see if your searched address appears in any third-party data source
- Address Tags - Quickly determine if the address was involved in known transactions (gambling, donations, etc).
- Search via QR - Search any QR code in one click, directly from our homepage
- Bookmarks & Lists - Easily bookmark addresses and add them to lists for grouped summaries of transactions and balances.
Bitcoin API and Developers Platform
Blocktrail provides secure bitcoin infrastructure for developers and enterprises, enabling advanced transaction functionality and access to refined economic data-sets. Blocktrail's RESTful HTTP API is free-to-use under rate-limited conditions (1 request per second).
- Secure Bitcoin Transactions - Easily create secure transactions without giving up access to your Bitcoins, using a multi-signature HD wallet API
- Blockchain Data and Insights - Refined data on transactions, addresses, and economy analytics delivered via queries, webhooks or firehose
- Developer friendly - Blocktrail comes complete with SDK's for PHP, Python, NodeJS and more!
- Home page
- Block Chain Browser
- Follow @blocktrail on twitter
- Bitcointalk thread
- API Documentation
- Web Wallet
- Android Wallet
- iOS Wallet