Dragonchain is a cryptocurrency using the Dragon Tokens as a means of payment for commercial services on the blockchain platform. Dragonchain was originally developed at Disney’s Seattle office in 2015 and 2016 as the Disney Private Blockchain Platform. The platform was later released as open 2 source software under the Apache 2 license in October of 2016.
Dragonchain describes itself as a"chain of business magic." The developers claim that they have created"the safest, most flexible, ready-made business platform". Like many companies in the blockchain industry, Dragonchain serves its platform for companies that have heard about the benefits of blockchain technology, but are not sure how to implement blockchain in their existing systems. With this in mind, Dragonchain has created a secure, scalable, decentralized platform that can be implemented in any business.
The platform was originally developed by Disney employees in 2015 and 2016, and was later released as open-source software at the end of 2016. Today, developers Dragonchain are eager to introduce this platform to companies worldwide as a solution "turnkey" blockchain. Where did the name "Dragonchain" come from? With the participation of Disney was wondering whether the Dragons any value, since they are related to their tokens as dragons. Joe Roets said:
"The team had to come up with their own name for the release. I've already played with the idea that one of our main functions is to protect sensitive business data, and the Dragon protects its treasure."
Dragonchain's core platform is built on a scalable serverless platform with built-in business data protection. It is designed to be developer friendly.
Dragonchain incubator provides customers with early access to projects. These projects are supported by an ecosystem of subject matter experts and blockchain enthusiasts.
Dragonchain market consists of an ecosystem of ready-made library smart contracts, qualified suppliers, specialized experts and incubated projects. This component provides enterprises with access to critical resources through the open market.
Enterprises retain full control over their data when using the Dragonchain platform. Sensitive business logic and intelligent contract functionality are retained in the property. Obviously, this is a serious problem for many companies as they seek to implement blockchain technology.
Dragonchain provides a commercial platform for application developers to rapidly and securely deploy blockchain applications while maintaining existing language development environments (e.g. Java, Python, Node, C#, Go). The objective is to provide a significant cost and speed to market advantage. The Dragonchain architecture is also designed to allow nodes to handle approval of transactions based upon five levels of network consensus to provide a spectrum of trust to data consumers; a level of security and flexibility unseen in the market by current blockchain solution providers. These design attributes position Dragonchain for exponential growth.
More information can be found in the project whitepaper: https://dragonchain.com/assets/Dragonchain_Business_Summary.pdf
In October 2017, Dragonchain held a fundraiser through ICO. Tokens that were issued 433 494 437 all drgn, as follows:
- 55% - available for sale;
- 20% - remained to the team;
- 10% - went to the formation of the reserve;
- 10% - went to the creation of the Dragonchain Fund;
- 5% - will be held until the start of the ICO, to raise funds in the development of the Incubator.
The start of the ICO for the development of the incubator, is planned for January 2018. By September 2018, the Dragonchain platform will be fully operational and available for use by customers. More details on the road map of Dragon chain, you can find on the official website – dragonchain.com Oh?
Dragonchain cryptocurrency is a digital DRGN token of the decentralized blockchain platform, which was created in 2014 by Walt Disney. Initially, this project was developed for internal use, but after the popularity of everything that is based on blockchain technology, the team decided to create an open source code.
Dragonchain Price (DRGN)
At the moment, all Dragonchain tokens you can buy on the exchanges Kucoin, Coinexchange, Gate.io and other exchanges (DRGN/BTC, DRGN/ETH, DRGN/NEO, DRGN/USDT). On 8th June, 2018, the price of one Dragonchain token was $0.60 with a market capitalization of $144,12 million. Online price is available on the following Coin360 widget:
- Serverless system and smart contacts
- Established language support for smart contracts, including support for Java, Python, Node, C #, Go, etc.
- Scalability (deploying Amazon AWS and Google)
- Protection (protection of business data and operations)
- Advanced currency implementation options
- Smart contractual libraries
- Lower development costs through the use of existing programming languages
- Faster speed to market
- Significantly higher levels of safety
- High scalability
- ETH Interchain Library Smart Contract
- Core UI Backend
- Auto Claim Gate Verification System
- DDSS Leaderboard
- DDSS Recovery
- ETC Interchain Library Smart Contract
- L2 Nodes (Community Provisioned)
- Decentralized L1 Capabilities (ETH)
- NEO Interchain Library Smart Contract
- L3 Nodes (Community Provisioned)
- Decentralized L1 Capabilities (ETC)
- Commercialized Dashboard & Marketplace
- BTC Interchain Library Smart Contract
- L4 Nodes (Community Provisioned)
- Decentralized L1 Capabilities (NEO)
- ETH Proof of Existence (L5)
- ETC Proof of Existence (L5)
- NEO Proof of Existence (L5)
- BTC Proof of Existence (L5)
- DDSS Leasing / SubHoDling
- Dragon Factor Authentication API
- Dragon Factor Authentication OAuth 2 Integration
- Wyrm Holes
- Azure Commercial Environment
- Heroku Commercial Environment
- Google Cloud Commercial Environment
The project has its own news blog with the latest information about new features and releases. The Dragonchain news are available on: https://dragonchain.github.io/blog/.
See Also on BitcoinWiki
- Dragonchain Official website
- Dragonchain on Telegram
- @ Dragonchain on Twitter
- Walt Disney Company Goes Big On Blockchain With Dragonchain
- What Does Disney Really Want Blockchain Technology For?
- Disney, yes Disney, becomes blockchain's biggest proponent
- Disney Releases Blockchain Platform ‘Dragonchain’
- Disney Actually Wants to Achieve With its Own Blockchain
- Michael Redington on Dragonchain
- Dragonchain, Disney's Blockchain Solution For The Less Tech-Savvy
- Dragonchain price and market state on Coin360