- "Main article: Cycle FOMO-FUD"
FoMO — obsessive fear of miss interesting event or a good opportunity. The concept itself, the abbreviation of which is used, is borrowed from the psychology of "Fear of missing opportunity" — "fear of missing the opportunity."
Symptoms of Fomo
- Frequent fear of missing out on important things and events
- Semantic emphasis on the phrase " everything but me»
- Obsessive desire to enter into any form of social communication
- The desire to constantly like people and get approval
- Striving to be accessible for communication all the time
- The desire to constantly update social media feeds
- Feeling of strong discomfort when the smartphone is not at hand
- People who have fomo tend to drink alcohol more often and in large volumes than people who do not have It
Effects Of Fomo
As a result, Fomo has a negative impact on the mental health of people, provoking bad mood and in some cases depression. The most frequent private manifestations of Fomo - feeling of boredom and loneliness.