Holo ICO Review
|ICO start:||0000-00-00 00:00:00|
|ICO end:||0000-00-00 00:00:00|
Holo is a decentralized hosting platform that enables fully-functional decentralized applications to serve mainstream Internet users, and provides the massively scalable crypto-accounting infrastructure required to host and manage these applications at such enormous volumes of usage.
DescriptionHolo is a pragmatic compromise — a bridge for people to transition toward greater and greater decentralization and autonomy. But since Holo must interface with the centralized systems of today, some parts of it are also centralized. So this is not a typical crypto project or paper. We've already built a fully distributed platform in Holochain. Now we want to take it to the mainstream. Holo is the bridge to get there.
This paper sets out multiple interdependent innovations that work together to enable a large shift in the landscape of crypto applications and currencies. After a brief overview to provide context for these innovations, we explain each:
These innovations weave together to form a coherent approach. In order to have a self-regulating ecosystem hosting distributed applications, we need an accounting method that improves efficiency as it scales so we can reward hosts in the sharing economy of the ecosystem which is created by inviting all stakeholders to participate in the system through our ICO (Initial Community Offering) which provides the right to purchase hosting services.
The Holo ecosystem relies on hosts that provide processing and storage for distributed applications while earning redeemable credits.
|“||Q4 2017: - Crowdfunding campaign and ICO to raise capital for Holo, grow Holo network, and attract developers for Holochain.|
- Alpha 0 and then Alpha 1 Release.
- Design and prototype voting and decision making apps (meta-apps that can be included within other Holochain apps).
2018: - First boxes shipped to 500+ hosts.
- Alpha 2 including high level application development framework and pluggable governance.
- Holochain Directory acts as an app store/package manager for the 50 or so Holochain based applications that have been created to date. Partnerships established for other asset-backed currencies (energy, food, housing, etc.).
Q2 2018: - First test transaction on Holo using Holo fuel. Reaching 5,000 hosts.
- Alpha 3 includes security audit and the ability to adjust DHT parameters and behavior.
Q3 2018: - 100 test transactions an hour on Holo using Holo fuel. Test net of Holo running on 15,000 host device.
- Holochain in solid Beta Release. Commitment to backward compatibility and more security audits.
Q4 2018: - Test net Holo running on 30,000 host devices. Number of Holochain nodes has surpassed number of bitcoin nodes. (Currently BTC 7900, ETH 26,000). By end of the year, approaching production level sophistication.
- Peer-to-Peer applications on Holochain reach 50 apps and 10,000 users (with apps that don't require paid hosting to smooth out imbalanced production/consumption). By end of the year, approaching production level sophistication.
- Replacement for gmail/gdocs/collaboration tools app available as beta on Holochain.
|Ferananda Ibarra||Social Media Lead||https://www.linkedin.com/in/ferananda/||3.4|
|Matthew Schutte||Communications Director||https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthewschutte/||3.4|
|Jean M Russell||ICO Project Lead||https://linkedin.com/in/spinorb/||3.4|
|Nicolas Luck||Core Holochain Engineer||https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolas-luck-b424b89a/||3.4|
|Micah Jefferson||Web Presence and Communications Ninja||https://www.linkedin.com/in/micahlj/||3.4|
|Robert Best||Data & Analytics Lead||https://www.linkedin.com/in/robest/||3.4|
|Will Harris-Braun||Support Lead & Outreach Liason||https://www.linkedin.com/in/will-harris-braun-aa256b153/||3.4|
|Sami Van Ness||Director of Marketing||https://www.linkedin.com/in/pixelconversions/||3.4|