The Telegram project was created by the Durov brothers in 2013. The main concept of the messenger was the anonymity and secure communication of users. The messenger for a long time existed on the personal funds of Pavel Durov until 2017. The project Telegram Open Network is mainly associated with the work of the Telegram messenger, in which it is planned to integrate the cryptocurrency Gram.
On December 22, 2017, Cointelegraph and Forklog released the news about Telegram conducting an ICO procedure to finance the launch of their own blockchain platform TON by messenger. A few weeks later, on January 12, 2018, Telegra.ph published a mailing list from TON official support representatives with a proposal to participate in Private Token Sale.
The closed ICO was held in January-March 2018 in several stages. At the first stage, investors were selected especially carefully. These included people close to the leadership who were credible. Among them are Roman Abramovich, David Yakobashvili and Sergey Solonin. In the second round, ICO could be invested by anyone who would like to invest in no dirty money. The third stage was canceled, because they collected the necessary amount, exceeding the target by 2 times.
It was possible to invest in ICO Telegram in dollars or in another fiat currency in terms of the dollar rate. According to rumors, the minimum amount of entry into the project was $ 1 million. However, dwarf investors also participated in the ICO, who pooled their assets and entered the project through some funds.
Token Gram general information
- Ticker: Gram
- Protocol: Proof-of-stake
- Mining: no
- ICO target: $ 850 million
- Collected for ICO: $ 1.7 billion
- Total issue: 5 billion tokens
- Telegram: 2.6 billion (Gram cryptocurrency will initially be frozen to avoid sharp cost volatility)
- Selling through funds: 2.2 billion
- TON developers: 200 million
Interesting facts and media references
In an interview with Interfax, Sergey Solonin made a statement that he had invested $17 million in ICO Telegram. Similar information was received from David Yakobashvili, one of the founders of Wimm-bill-dann.
In fact, there are doubts about the authenticity of the ICO procedure by Telegram developers. A number of facts, which serves as a confirmation of the information about the Telegram of the ICO procedure:
- Confirmation of information about making investments by businessmen. Solonin and Yakobashvili stated that they really took part in the pre-ICO by investing in the Telegram Open Network.
- Declaration of receipt of funds. Form D is posted on the US Securities and Exchange Commission website, which reports on fundraising by Telegram Group Inc. and TON Issuer Inc of $850 million.