ICObench – is a free ICO rating platform and a blockchain community supported by a wide range of experts that provides analytical, legal, and technical insights to the investors.
ICO stands for "initial coin offering". It is a new form of efficient and easy raising of financial resources.
Any individual or a company can crowdfund any project or become an investor. Every ICO has two mandatory attributes – issuance of a fixed amount of the new cryptocurrency unit (token or coin) dedicated to the ICO and blockchain based transactions.
Every ICO issues a fixed amount of tokens/coins meant to be used as a potential source of profit once it goes on exchanges and/or as the currency used inside the project (purchases, service payments, etc).
The ICObench's rating system is different to that of other ICO rating platforms, as it is:
- calculated using the combination of objective ICO profile analysis and subjective experts' ratings;
- dynamic and updated at least once a day.
A rating is a result of analytical assessment executed by bot Benchy and the experts. It is not an investment advice and is meant to be used for your informational purposes only. Rating is based on 5 points scale, ranging from 1 to 5 - where 1 is the lowest and 5 is the highest rating.
The ICO Analyzer
The ICO Analyzer is a free tool of objective report into an ICO profile. It was developed to allow ICO teams to learn more about the potential improvements to bring into their ICO profile on ICObench The ICO profile rating given by bot Benchy is based on the report provided by the ICO Analyzer.
The ICO Analyzer provides a report based on availability of data important for investors but not on the quality of the provided data. There are 4 sections in each ICO analysis:
- Team: Evaluation of team depends on the number of team members and the availability and transparency of team member profiles. 100% score can be achieved by having more than 4 members on team, with full names, real photos and LinkedIn profiles of all members provided, and having a certain amount of team members with ICO Success Score.
- ICO information: Evaluation of the ICO information depends on a few things. Some data is mandatory for a good rate and the other isn't but it is still welcomed. 100% score can be achieved by providing the ICO start and end dates, token ticker, platform, list of accepted currencies, and token price on Pre-ICO and/or ICO.
- Product presentation: Evaluation of the product presentation depends on the availability and informativity of the whitepaper, milestones and the video. 100% score can be achieved by providing a well laid out white paper with all information about project, ICO, team and future plans, a detailed road map and a video presentation. Road maps or milestones which list only Pre-ICO and ICO dates and do not tell anything about the project development are not accepted.
- Marketing & Social Media: Evaluating the communicative part of the ICO is what makes the ICO profile rating dynamic. We aren't checking only the presence of the social media links, but also the level of activity on them. 100% score can be achieved by providing the links to all the listed social media networks and by being active on Twitter, Facebook, Medium, and Bitcointalk.
An ICObench expert is an active member of ICObench community that has the right to rate ICOs and conforms to the rules of the experts community. Although the contribution of every expert is valuable, they are not a part of ICObench team, so ICObench is not responsible for their ratings and cannot remove or change them if they comply with the rules of the community.
Any ICObench user with a fully updated profile (full name, photo, set profile URL, title, bio, location, and a LinkedIn link provided) can apply to become an expert. Depending on the presentation and the answers to the questions asked in the application we decide if a user can become an ICObench expert or not.
Being a part of an ICO isn't a limitation for an application. However, the experts are not allowed to rate the ICOs they participate in (it is technically disabled for them). They are also not allowed to badly rate the competitors or other ICOs with intentions to push their ICO forward on the competitors list.
To prevent any violations, each expert starts with a low influence/weight on the rating and can gradually improve it.
We suggest that the experts follow the rating methodology provided on our site, but they can also use their own methods for evaluating.