List of PBKDF2 implementations
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
List of software that implements or uses the PBKDF2 key derivation standard.
- openssl's C implementation
- OpenBSD's C implementation
- PolarSSL's C implementation
- CyaSSL's C implementation
- ActionScript 3.0 implementation
- .NET Framework's implementation
- Delphi/Free Pascal implementation
- Erlang implementation
- Go implementation
- PBKDF2 for Haxe
- Java implementation (PBKDF2WithHmacSHA1)
- Python implementation
- Perl implementation (large), (small), (tiny), Native Perl Implementation – no dependency hell
- Ruby's standard library
- Ruby implementation
- Rust implementation
- REBOL2 implementation
- PHP implementations: native (added in v5.5.0), pure PHP implementation
- Scala implementation
- Common Lisp implementation (Ironclad)
Systems that use PBKDF2
- Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA and WPA2) used to secure Wi-Fi wireless networks
- Microsoft Windows Data Protection API (DPAPI)
- OpenDocument encryption used in OpenOffice.org
- WinZip's AES Encryption scheme.
- Keeper for password hashing.
- LastPass for password hashing.
- 1Password for password hashing.
- Dashlane for password hashing.
- Apple's iOS mobile operating system, for protecting user passcodes and passwords.
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion for user passwords
- The Django web framework, as of release 1.4.
- The MODX content management framework, as of version 2.0.
- The encryption and decryption schema of Zend Framework, to generate encryption and authentication keys.
- Cisco IOS and IOS XE Type 4 password hashes
- Firefox Sync for client-side password stretching
<!-- this is not a directory of software that uses PBKDF2. please, keep only widest used software -->
Disk encryption software
- Filesystem encryption in the Android operating system, as of version 3.0.
- FileVault (Mac OS X) from Apple Computer
- FreeOTFE (Windows and Pocket PC PDAs); also supports mounting Linux (e.g. LUKS) volumes under Windows
- LUKS (Linux Unified Key Setup) (Linux)
- TrueCrypt (Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X)
- VeraCrypt (Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, and Mac OS X)
- CipherShed (Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X)
- DiskCryptor (Windows)
- Cryptographic disk (NetBSD)
- GEOM ELI module for FreeBSD
- softraid crypto for OpenBSD
- EncFS (Linux, FreeBSD and Mac OS X) since v1.5.0
- GRUB2 (boot loader)
- SafeGuard Enterprise (Windows and Mac OSX)
- Boxcryptor Encryption Software based in EFS