List of people in blockchain technology
This is a list of people in blockchain technology, people who do work in the area of Blockchain and Cryptocurrency, in particular researchers, business people and authors. There are most influential people of blockchain.
Some persons notable as programmers are included here because they work in research as well as programming. A few of these people pre-date the invention of this technology; they are now regarded as people in blockchain technology because their work can be seen as leading to the invention of this technology.
People of blockchain
- Andreas Antonopoulos – Eminent speaker and Author of Mastering Bitcoin
- Jeremy Allaire – CEO and founder of the digital currency company Circle and Chairman of the Board of Brightcove.
- Yoni Assia - Founder and CEO of eToro, inventor of Colored Coins.
- Brian Behlendorf – Executive Director of Hyperledger Project, one of the main developers of the Apache web server and former director of the World Economic Forum
- Perianne Boring – A former Congressional aide and journalist for RT and Forbes, spearheads conversations on Capitol Hill on blockchain technology regarding the need for legislative action
- Richard Gendal Brown – chief technology officer of R3 (company)
- Vitalik Buterin – founder of Ethereum
- Wences Cesares - chief executive officer, Xapo
- Susanne Chishti – chief executive officer, FINTECH Circle
- Raj Chowdhury – author, speaker and investor in Blockchain and Cryptocurrency, pioneered the first blockchain cross-border trade-finance transaction in India, Managing Director, HashCash Consultants
- Chris DeRose - The pundit of podcast Bitcoin Uncensored
- Anthony Di Iorio - chief executive officer & Founder Decentral & Jaxx, Co-founder Ethereum
- Stephen Pair - founder of Bitpay, a global bitcoin payment service provider headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia
- Emin Gün Sirer - professor at Cornell University, dedicated to building and studying distributed and peer-to-peer systems
- Alex Tapscott - Co-Author, Blockchain Revolution, CEO and Founder of Northwest Passage Ventures, an advisory firm for early-stage blockchain companies
- Don Tapscott - Co-Author, Blockchain Revolution, CEO, Tapscott Group and Co-founder, Blockchain Research Institute
- Josh Unseth - The pundit of podcast Bitcoin Uncensored
- Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn - the creator of cryptocoin Zcash
- Pieter Wuille - co-founder of bitcoin startup Blockstream, prominent developer on open-source Bitcoin Core