List of people in blockchain technology
This is a list of people in blockchain technology, which represents people of the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry, in particular researchers, people in business, investors, authors, programmers, and developers. Some of them pre-date the invention of this technology, and now their work can be seen as leading to the invention of blockchain technology.
This article will throw light on persons who have revolutionized the digital asset space.
People of blockchain
- Jeremy Allaire – CEO and founder of the digital currency company Circle and Chairman of the Board of Brightcove.
- Andreas Antonopoulos – Eminent speaker and Author of Mastering Bitcoin
- Brian Armstrong – is a co-founder and CEO of Coinbase, one of the world’s leading digital currency exchanges.
- Yoni Assia - Founder and CEO of eToro, inventor of Colored Coins.
- Brian Behlendorf – Executive Director of Hyperledger Project, one of the main developers of the Apache web server and former director of the World Economic Forum
- Perianne Boring – A former Congressional aide and journalist for RT and Forbes, spearheads conversations on Capitol Hill on blockchain technology regarding the need for legislative action
- Richard Gendal Brown – chief technology officer of R3 (company)
- Vitalik Buterin – co-founder and former editor of the Bitcoin Magazine, co-founder of Ethereum
- Wences Cesares - chief executive officer, Xapo
- Susanne Chishti – chief executive officer, FINTECH Circle
- Raj Chowdhury – author, speaker and investor in Blockchain and Cryptocurrency, pioneered the first blockchain cross-border trade-finance transaction in India, Managing Director, HashCash Consultants
- Christian Deciga - co-founder of Everipedia
- Chris DeRose - The pundit of podcast Bitcoin Uncensored
- Anthony Di Iorio - chief executive officer & Founder Decentral & Jaxx, Co-founder Ethereum
- Chris Larsen - CEO of Ripple (company)
- Kelly Loeffler (27 November 1970) is a former CEO of digital asset platform Bakkt, U.S. senator for Georgia. By the end of 2019, Kelly Loeffler became the first Republican woman to represent Georgia's state in the U.S. Congress. Kelly Loeffler's net worth is estimated at $500 million and makes her the wealthiest Congress member.
- Joseph Lubin – is a Canadian-American entrepreneur, one of the eight founders of Ethereum, a founder of ConsenSys. As of 2018, his net worth in cryptocurrency was estimated by Forbes between one and five billion dollars.
- Adam Ludwin - CEO of chain.com
- David Marcus leads Facebook’s research and development in cryptocurrencies and blockchain. He is the co-creator and a board member of Libra, a cryptocurrency project launched by Facebook. David Marcus is the former president of PayPal, and headed operations for Facebook Messenger from 2014 until 2018.
- Blythe Masters - CEO of Digital Asset Holdings
- Stephen Pair - founder of Bitpay, a global bitcoin payment service provider headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia
- Emin Gün Sirer - professor at Cornell University, dedicated to building and studying distributed and peer-to-peer systems
- Elizabeth Stark - is a blockchain entrepreneur, co-founder, and CEO of Lightning Labs, company that introduced Lightning Network.
- Alex Tapscott - Co-Author, Blockchain Revolution, CEO and Founder of Northwest Passage Ventures, an advisory firm for early-stage blockchain companies
- Don Tapscott - Co-Author, Blockchain Revolution, CEO, Tapscott Group and Co-founder, Blockchain Research Institute
- Josh Unseth - The pundit of podcast Bitcoin Uncensored
- Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn - the creator of cryptocoin Zcash
- Pieter Wuille - co-founder of bitcoin startup Blockstream, prominent developer on open-source Bitcoin Core
- Changpeng Zhao – is a founder and CEO of Binance, one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges with $500 million in daily trading volume.