MagnaChain is a public blockchain developed by game developers. The former name of the project was CellLink.
The blockchain will use a proprietary VH-POS (virtual hash — proof of stake) consensus, which, according to the developers, eliminates the shortcomings of PoW and PoS. The platform consists of 5 levels:
- Core libraries, the level of consensus and encryption
- The level of basic functions (transaction and management of wallets)
- Smart contract level and multichain management system
- API level
- Application layer
- The start of the project — 2016
- Testnet — 2nd quarter of 2018 (launched in closed mode)
- Mainnet — 3/4 quarter of 2018
- More than 1000 games on the platform — 2019
- Hal Bame, CEO of the project. Is a cofounder of SmartChain Media. Experience in the gaming industry for 15 years.
- Jinsong Zhang, CTO. Experience in the gaming industry for more than 10 years, in the last few years studying blockchain and cryptocurrency.
The team has a large set of specialists from the gaming industry.
Partners and funds
Investors of the project are JRR Crypto, Draper Dragon (VeChain, Aelf, Ledger and Telegram ICO), The9 (mobile game developer). The project partners are game developers and game engines, as well as two blockchain projects affiliated with the CEO of the project.