NTOK is a decentralized platform that is designed to organize the learning system in the digital space. NTOK proposes to create a single system that allows students to communicate directly with teachers and tutors. The system is absolutely transparent to determine the qualification of teachers and the cost of training.
The most important thing is the absence of unnecessary intermediaries. Teacher and student interact without unnecessary structures, which allows students to save money, and teachers, on the contrary, to get a larger reward for their own work. Service fees are minimal.
The CEO is Anton Mishin, who had several successful IT projects: data visualization studio proscom.ru and service for athletes scorebook.ru. The co–founder and financial director of the project is Maxim Shekhovtsov, businessman, senior partner of the investment fund Genesis Technology Capital. The project is supported by a solid team of Russian and foreign consultants:
- David Goldsmith, the President of Goldsmith consultancy organization. The agency's clients are NASA and Lufthansa;
- Susanne Morgan, a Professor of sociology at Ithaca College (USA).
The project is also supported by:
- Mike Rogalsky — Auto.ru founder;
- Yuri Virovets — Headhunter.ru founder;
- Vitaly Tatsiy — Kinopoisk.ru co-founder;
- Ilya Frankstein — Director of Tetha Crypto;
- Igor Pekshev — Financial Director of Chrysler Russia;
- Alexey Filatov — a board member of B&N Bank.
The developers position their platform as the world's first ecosystem for decentralized education, and offer to join the program and buy tokens to get access to all opportunities and benefits. Among the advantages of the system are:
- lack of geographical boundaries between students and teachers;
- use of the latest video and audio technologies;
- possibility of convenient planning of classes;
- transparent payment system;
- interactive teaching methods;
- inability to falsify teachers' ratings.
The most important thing is the absence of unnecessary intermediaries and the opportunity to work directly, as there are long chains of intermediaries that greatly affect the cost of services and create chaos in the field of online education. Distant education is becoming more and more popular every year. According to analysts, the market for such services will grow by 70% within a few years , the cost will exceed $150 billion. Distant education will be widely used to gain new knowledge, improve professional skills, prepare for exams, and just to expand horizons. Investment in the sector promises good prospects.
The main link of the system is a token. All calculations within the platform are carried out in tokens. Additional sales of training materials and equipment from friendly companies are also possible. To promote the project, the creators released a video about the system's capabilities and ways to buy a token. The total number of tokens offered for issue is not yet known, but the percentage distribution is:
- sales — 70%;
- personnel payment — 20%;
- NTOK platform reserve — 7%;
- bounty campaign — 3%.
It is expected that the price of tokens will increase due to the increase in the number of project participants, the growth of demand with the introduction of new opportunities, the redemption of tokens. All calculations within the system are made only in tokens. The founders are thinking about creating incentives for the accumulation of tokens. High volatility does not attract teachers who are accustomed to regular earnings. The next stage of NTOK token sale was held on March 1-31, 2018. The standard of tokens is: ERC-20 (standard based on Ethereum). Initially, tokens are sold at $1, but the price increases every week. In the fifth week, the price is $1.20. In order to protect against a sharp fall, the project provides the blocking of tokens of the company's management and consultants. Defrosting is carried out gradually, depending on the success of sales.
The creators of the platform identified the following stages of development:
- May 2017 - launch and testing of alpha version;
- April 2018 - end of ICO;
- June 2018 - launch of beta version and start of first training courses on the platform;
- January 2019 - attracting new content providers, improving the platform;
- July 2019 - achieving full functionality of the platform, integrating content providers;
- January 2020 - teaching popular languages, introduction of pre-school education.