Preev is a website that allows anyone to see the current Bitcoin exchange rate and convert any amount to or from a wide choice of crypto- and fiat currencies. It is very simple tool for getting the average market price of bitcoins using data.
Preev is a web-based bitcoin value converter that enables its users to check the bitcoin exchange rate and convert any amount to or from their preferred currency.
The converter allows its users to keep an eye on the bitcoin price even while browsing in other tabs. Users of Preev are able to exchange bitcoins with euros, British pounds, Australian dollars, and Swedish kronas.
Preev collects prices from some of the largest bitcoin exchange sites and calculates the average bitcoin price from that and tells its users what the amount they entered will be worth on average. It also allows its users to select only one of the bitcoin exchange site prices, so if the site holds their bitcoins, they will have an idea about what they can expect to get paid for their bitcoins.
Preev was launched in 2011.
Price data is constantly updated from multiple exchanges. The default price shown is a weighted average rate of these exchanges. A specific source can be alternatively chosen from settings menu.
- One can keep track of current exchange rate even while working in other browser tabs just by keeping this site open and looking at the rate in its tab.
- It is possible to compare Bitcoin to gold, silver, platinum and palladium by using their respective converters.
- 64 currently (as of April 2014) supported currencies with possibility of bookmarking your favorite ones.
- The site is optimized for use on phones and tablets.
Preev is developed and maintained by fennec
- Keep an eye on the Bitcoin price, even while browsing in other tabs. Simply keep this site open and see the live Bitcoin price in the browser tab. (Note: Some mobile browsers don’t yet support this feature.)
- See how many bitcoins you can buy. Enter an amount on the right-hand input field, to see the equivalent amount in Bitcoin on the left.
- See the value of your Bitcoin holdings. Enter the number of bitcoins you have, and watch their value fluctuate over time.
- Compare Bitcoin to gold and other precious metals by checking out the converters for Bitcoin to gold, Bitcoin to silver, Bitcoin to platinum, and Bitcoin to palladium.
- Try it on your phone or tablet—this site is designed with mobile devices in mind.
- Convert in terms of smaller units e.g. microbitcoins (µ), millibitcoins (m). Toggle using keyboard shortcuts: 'u', 'm', and 'k'.
- Bookmark your preferred currency e.g. Bitcoin to Euro, or Bitcoin to British Pound. This site currently supports 64 currencies.
Price data is continually gathered from multiple markets. A weighted average price of these markets is shown by default (based on 24-hour trade volume). Alternatively, you can choose a specific source from the settings menu.
Preev Uses Exchange Rates
The exchange rates on this site are for information purposes only. They are not guaranteed to be accurate, and are subject to change without notice.