Scala (XLA) is a cryptocurrency that aims to provide the most decentralized experience. They have their seed node files on IPFS and zeronet, for secure decentralized storage of the seed nodes. They are also aiming to provide mining on all internet connected devices like phones, televisions etc. The coin has 19 Billion max supply.
The project was initially called "Stellite" (ticker XTL), but since this word is a registered trademark of Kennametal Inc., they had to rebrand to "Torque" (ticker XTC) on spring 2019. Prior to the release of their v6 version integrating their new algo (DefyX) they rebranded one last time to "Scala" (ticker XLA) on July 2019.
As for Scala’s features, they are a fork of Monero. Because of this, Scala has Monero’s privacy aspects to it called RingCT. They chained RandomX with their own variant of Yescrypt that they called Yescrypt-RH and also a quantum resistant algorithm called KangarooTwelve to create their own PoW algorithm: DefyX.
Scala is one of the first cryptocurrency to link IPFS and ZeroNet with blockchain and to make a globally scalable and mobile friendly ecosystem. Redistribution of wealth using the power of blockchain.
- Secure. CryptoNote technology is the backbone of Scala .
- P2P node list. Decentralized P2P node lists via IPFS and Zeronet.
- True mobile mining. No simulations, you can mine Scala on your phone.
- PoW Algorithm: DefyX (RandomX + Yescrypt + KangarooTwelve)
- Total Supply: 19,000,000,000
- Pre-mine: 0.6%
- Block Rewards: (MoneySupply — A) >> 18
- Decimal Places: 2
- Difficulty Adjustment: Every block
- Genesis Block: 2018–01–22 01:21:34