Tribus is a proof-of-work algorithm, which has already been implemented in the form of cryptocurrencies such as Denarius and Bzlcoin. In Latin Tribus meaning tribe or three and this algorithm is based on the combination of three different hashing algorithms, which were featured in NIST5 algorithm and they are JH, Keccak, and Echo.
Review of Tribus Algorithm
Tribus algorithm is ASIC-resistance and can be mined using CPU and both AMD and NVIDIA GPUs. Also you can rent Tribus hashing algorithm from mining rig rentals. Denarius is the first coin to use Tribus Proof-of-work hashing algorithm.
The coins that work on Tribus are:
- Denarius (DNR);
- BZL coin (BZL);
- Virtus (VRT);
- Tin Coin (TIN).
- Scriv (SCRIV).
ccminer.exe -a tribus -o stratum+tcp://POOL:PORT -u wallet_address -R 3 -i 27 -R – time to pause between retries, in seconds (default: 30) -i – GPU intensity 8-31 (default: auto) Note: reduce intensity if you get low speed or miner is unstable. Also check several values to find the best speed, for example, “-i 8” can be a bit faster than “-i 9” in some cases. You can do step 0.1 for example “-i 20.1”. If you have problems with the R or i parameter, you can not use them in the BAT file.
For this algorithm, overclocking only the core. Memory set default settings. Settings for the NVIDIA cards:
|GeForce 1060 3Gb||80%||+190 MHz||70%||from 27.46-38.4 MH/s|
|GeForce 1060 6Gb||80%||+190 MHz||70%||from 29.6-42.1 MH/s|
|GeForce 1070||90%||+200 MHz||70%||from 43.5-63.25 MH/s|
|GeForce 1070 Ti||75%||+220 MHz||70%||from 70.1-75.5 MH/s|
|GeForce 1080||75%||+220 MHz||70%||from 71.2-82.6 MH/s|
|GeForce 1080 Ti||75%||+220 MHz||70%||from 91.3-106.6 MH/s|
Tribus is supported by following miners:
Tribus mining calculators
In the Internet there is plenty of different mining calculators to count the hashrate and profitability of mining on the Tribus algorithm. There is an example from CrypoToMine website:
See Also on BitcoinWiki
- Tribus CPU Miner Source: https://github.com/carsenk/cpuminer-multi-linux
- CPU Miner Multi Source for Tribus: https://github.com/tpruvot/cpuminer-multi
- Tribus CPU Miner for Windows: https://github.com/carsenk/cpuminer-multi/releases/download/v1.0-T/cpuminer.exe
- Tribus GPU Miner for NVIDIA GPUs on Windows: https://github.com/carsenk/ccminer/releases/download/v2.0-tpruvot-tribus/ccminer-2.1-tribus.7z
- Tribus GPU Miner for NVIDIA GPU Source: https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer
- Tribus AMD GPU sgminer Source: https://github.com/carsenk/sgminer-tribus
- The source for Tribus Python Hashing module can be found on GitHub: https://github.com/exmac/tribus-hash