Wallet Security Dos and Don'ts (Windows)
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
When using Windows specifically
- Do use keyfiles to encrypt your wallets
- Do use a good antivirus and firewall, and keep them up to date (but understand their limitations).
- Do keep your installed programs updated to the latest version.
- Do uninstall all programs that you don't use regularly.
- Do run programs from questionable sources inside a virtual machine, such as VirtualBox.
- Do browse questionable websites from inside a virtual machine.
- Do connect the bitcoin client and IRC via Tor.