This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
Step by step guide for safe upgrade:
- Uninstall Gridcoin from programs
- delete all folders related to gridcoin from C:\Program Files for 32 bit OS and C:\Program Files (x86) for 64 bit OS
- Unhide hidden folders
- Go to C:\users\%youraccount%\AppData\Roaming\GridcoinResearch\ and delete all content EXCEPT you conf file
- Download new MSI
- Create shortcut on desktop from the .exe if not already created
- Right click and run as administrator (elevated)
- Let it sync
- Back it up
- Unlock wallet but not fully, just for staking (tick box) ltnsAW5.png
- Start up BOINC
- Set BOINC simple view>Tools>Computing Preferences to 90% CPU and 50% of spare drive capacity, set to always on.
- Work as normal and if you get bottlenecks in memory, CPU or drive throttle CPU back from 90% to say 60%
- Setting to always on means you will do more good BOINC work as it will work with you as long as it's 'CPU busy' flag is not triggered.
For a standard upgrade from the client, be sure to run as administrator.